All classes are currently canceled because of Covid 19 pandemic!
Each session is $40 that is cover two hours in a group setting, private lessons are $35 per hour.
The ussual materials are egg tempera and acrylic. It is preferred the class can alter the material.
You can select classes date
- Opening of class with prayer.
- Receiving materials that is include: primed board, drawing ,brushes, gold leaves, sizing and paint.
- Laying down the pattern.
- Once the pattern has been transferred, the outline of the pattern is written with umber. Some lines can be enforced with stylus especially the line that defines area of nimbus.
- Gilding with real gold 23K or 24K.
- Opening of the icon, application of the paint in all areas. The base tone that is called “sankir” goes on the holy face.
- Modeling of holy image. Few layers of the flesh tones required.
- Thanksgiving prayer.
Dec 02 '14